1971 Chevrolet Heavy Chevy Chevelle 502 BB 5Spd
1971 Chevrolet Chevelle
Factory Heavy Chevy
502 BB 5Spd Manual
Jump in, turn the key and you just wont be able to stop smiling! This Factory Heavy Chevy is addicting to drive!!! The ZZ502 508 HP Big Block crate Engine provides heart pounding acceleration with the capability to smolder the tires with ease, paired with the 5-speed manual transmission that gets your adrenline flowing!!! You will be the Talk of the town when you cruise the streets in this smooth driving animal. Some of the features of this Chevelle include ZZ502 Big Block Crate Engine 508HP, 5 Speed manual trans, 12 bolt Posi rear, custom gauges. The driver quality paint shows well with minor imperfections including slight bubbling in several areas. The interior features a bench seat with several minor tears on the seating surface but again still very presentable. Please do not delay this beauty wont be here long!!!
Chevrolet Performance's ZZ502/502 is one of the industry's benchmark crate engines, offering excellent value with a proven combination of performance that is suitable for the street or strip. With 508 horsepower and 580 ft/lbs of torque, it demands your full attention and a chassis that is strong enough to harness its frame twisting power.
All ZZ502 crate engines are manufactured with GM's updated cylinder block casting that is stronger and better supports high-performance applications. A forged crankshaft, along with forged rods and pistons, anchors the bottom end, while our popular oval-port aluminum heads offer excellent airflow characteristics. Torque tops the 580-lb-ft mark by approximately 3600 rpm and doesn't dip below the 500 mark until about 5100 rpm.
The ZZ505/502 Deluxe package comes complete from the oil pan to the carburetor, including an HEI distributor, plug wires, starter, water pump, balancer, and an aluminum intake topped with a Holley 870-cfm four-barrel.
ZZ502/502 TECH SPECS:
- Engine Type: Chevy Big-Block V-8
- Displacement: 502ci
- Bore x Stroke: 4.470'' x 4.000''
- Block: Cast-iron with four-bolt main caps
- Crankshaft: Forged steel
- Connecting Rods: Forged steel, shot-peened
- Pistons: Forged aluminum
- Camshaft Type: Hydraulic roller
- Camshaft Lift: .527'' intake / .544'' exhaust
- Camshaft Duration (@.050 in.): 224° intake / 234° exhaust
- Cylinder Heads: Aluminum oval port, 110cc combustion chambers
- Valve Size: 2.250'' intake / 1.880'' exhaust
- Compression Ratio: 9.6:1
- Rocker Arms: Stamped steel
- Rocker Arm Ratio: 1.7:1
- Distributor: HEI type
- Carburetor: 870 cfm
- Water Pump: Aluminum, short-style
- Spark Plugs and Wires: Included
- Starter: Included
- Flexplate: 14'' diameter
- Recommended Fuel: Premium pump (92 octane)
- Ignition Timing: 32° Total @ 4000 rpm
- Maximum Recommended RPM: 5800
- Balanced: External
*Financing Available *
South Jersey Classics
52 Harding Hwy
Newfield NJ 08344
Open Mon-Sat 9-5pm